No Fire on Starboard Bank 86 150 Evinrude need some advice from the forum

25whaler

Seaman Apprentice
I have no spark on the starboard bank. Had 2 spare packs and replaced both. Still no spark. Disconnected the blck and yellow wire on the strb pack and still no spark??? Stator ohm test complete and no issues there. Not sure where to go next??? ignition switch? voltage regulator? Any help is greatly appreciated... 1986 Evinrude 150... Thanks

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: No Fire on Starboard Bank 86 150 Evinrude need some advice from the forum

Try the good pack off of the port side and see what happens. You may have no stator output. Timer base could also be the prob.

25whaler

Seaman Apprentice

Try the good pack off of the port side and see what happens. You may have no stator output. Timer base could also be the prob.

Swapped the packs and still had the issue on the strb side... I had 2 spare packs (brand new) they were put on and still the same issue... I don't have an ignition interupter on this model year so I ruled that out... I am thinking trigger base??? anyone?

25whaler

Seaman Apprentice

Update in case anyone else runs into this... Turned out to be a the ground on the pack wire was not make a good connection.. took wire to good ground to test and had spark again...cleaned block and threads and reinstalled pack and back on the water..thanks

boobie

Supreme Mariner

As I've always said over the years, "it's the little things that will get you". Been there. Done that.