2002 115 Four Stroke issues

izzybird

Cadet
Hey Everyone. The motor in question does great until it's been run for awhile and is good and hot, all of a sudden it's like fuel was reduced by 60-70%. Runs great at 1500 rpms or so but run it back up and it will do the same thing. Was sporadic at first, but now does it most every time. Fuel/Water filter is new. I have a manual, but in true fashion it's missing. I'll get it found or get another. Was going to check fuel pressure figuring there would be a schrader valve on the rail, but after short inspection I didn't notice one. What does it take to pull codes on these things? I have access to high end scanners but nothing to plug in to the port. I assume it's Johnson specific? Now to find that manual...

izzybird

Cadet
Re: 2002 115 Four Stroke issues

I realized I didn't state that it's a Bombardier in the title, if that make a difference.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

There was an adapter built to tap into the high pressure fuel line on that mt. Sorry, but don't know the # off hand.

clanton

Rear Admiral

I just T in fuel line at the top of the injector rail.

izzybird

Cadet

Thanks, I'll tie in and see what the fuel is doing. I'd like to watch it under load, but the lakes around here are not much more than small bird baths right now. Waiting on a new manual, can't imagine what I did with the old one.