91 4.3 sterndrive

91chaparral4.3

Recruit
Very new to boating, need a bit of help winterizing my 91 4.3 mercruiser. I have ran stabilizer through the tank,fogged the enigine, changed all fluids including PS. my issue is the drain plugs, I cannot get them to budge. The only one I could remove was the port side manifold plug. In a panic I removed all hoses and tried to suck them out with my we/dry vac. I removed about a gallon of water in total maybe a gallon and a half. I then opened the the thermostat housing and t-stat and poured 2 gallons of RV antifreeze into it until it came out of my lower gear housing. Initially my boat was going into my parent's garage but when I went there tonight it just won't fit. So now I am worried that I am going to be joining the cracked block club. As I stated boating is very new to me, I have read the owners manual but it gave me minimal instructions.

egldvrbags

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 91 4.3 sterndrive

Very new to boating, need a bit of help winterizing my 91 4.3 mercruiser. I have ran stabilizer through the tank,fogged the enigine, changed all fluids including PS. my issue is the drain plugs, I cannot get them to budge. The only one I could remove was the port side manifold plug. In a panic I removed all hoses and tried to suck them out with my we/dry vac. I removed about a gallon of water in total maybe a gallon and a half. I then opened the the thermostat housing and t-stat and poured 2 gallons of RV antifreeze into it until it came out of my lower gear housing. Initially my boat was going into my parent's garage but when I went there tonight it just won't fit. So now I am worried that I am going to be joining the cracked block club. As I stated boating is very new to me, I have read the owners manual but it gave me minimal instructions.

Start here:

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=178695

Bags