Still!!! out smarted by a Quicksilver 3000 control

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
I have been out smarted by my QuickSilver 3000 control. I located and removed the 1/4'' socket head set screw. But still can not remove the handle from the control. What am I missing?????

flconrad

Seaman
Re: Still!!! out smarted by a Quicksilver 3000 control

Hi, It should just wiggle and slide forward off of the center splines. I was just taking mine apart today, same model, and the only thing holding the center of the handle on is that set screw.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Thanks for the input. I looked at prying the neutral button off with the lever in the forward pos. but it looked as if it was going to crack before it came out. Does any one have a link to a exploded view of this control. Mine is a 96 Quicksilver for an IO with separate switches for the tilt/trim and trailer function.

dixieboater165

Seaman Apprentice

I have a quicksilver control as well and I took mine apart last year. That center, throttle only, button has to come out to reveal a brass nut. It is a button with about a 3" shaft that has barbs on the end that snap in. I broke mine pulling it out, but I fixed it with some epoxy. I'm not sure about shifting it into FORWARD to allow it to come out. It looked to me it was just barbs. It has to come out though to allow the handle and thin cover plate to come off to get to the other screws. Make sure you put the handle back on the right splines or neutral won't be straight up. No, that didn't happen to me!