2006 Honda BF20D

rickluc

Cadet
I've got a Honda 2006 BF20D. I removed the lower unit last winter and replaced the water pump propeller. Boat ran good all summer until about mid way thru the summer the boat wouldn't pick up speed. The more you excellerate the engine the slower the boat will move. At an idle (trolling) it moves fine. If I raise the propeller out of the water and watch the revolution of the propeller, the faster the engine runs the slower the propeller rotates. In fact, at full throttle the propeller will hardly be turning. Can someone steer me in the right direction? What should I start looking for inside the lower unit? Thanks

pvanv

Admiral
Re: 2006 Honda BF20D

Yep, brass sleeve in a rubber hub, pressed into the aluminum. It's a failsafe system, to allow you to get home if the hub fails.

rickluc

Cadet

Bet thats it! It would move at an idle for a while, so I used it to troll. Now it won't move the boat at all, but if you raise the prop out of the water it will spin and evenually slow down to a turn the faster you reave the engine. Thanks again.

rickluc

Cadet

Yep, brass sleeve in a rubber hub, pressed into the aluminum. It's a failsafe system, to allow you to get home if the hub fails.

Your right ,that is it.

Its a 3 blade prop. Everybody wants to know pitch. I don't know. It measures approx. 8 inches. 8 spline. Number on prop A3X925X10. Thanks