Aftermarket Fuel Pump for Mercruiser 7.4L MPI. Are they worth the money savings?

Aftermarket Fuel Pump for Mercruiser 7.4L MPI. Are they worth the money savings?

• Mercruiser, part no. 861156A1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mallory, part no. 9-35433

• Airtex, part no. 110-E11004

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pellwm

Cadet
I am going to look over my wiring schematics tomorrow to check my fuel pump connection, fuel pump relays, oil pressure switch, etc. In the likely event that I may need to buy a new fuel pump I have been doing some research and found that the "Mercruiser" brand pump I would need is no longer sold separate from the cool fuel, but there are aftermarkets available that say they replace this exact pump.

Part no. 861156A1 - This is the Mercruiser Brand, the pump/cool fuel combo that merc sells it cost $300+, though I have found a couple sites that do sell this part but for around $200

Alternative pumps include:
- Mallory Brand, part no. 9-35433 - Sells on here for $185.99 and I have seen them in the $150's

- Airtex Brand, part no. 110-E11004 - Sells around $120

Does anyone have any experience with these aftermarket parts to steer me in the right direction? Is it worth saving $50-$80 or should I stick with Mercruiser brand? Thank you

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Aftermarket Fuel Pump for Mercruiser 7.4L MPI. Are they worth the money savings?

Do not repost, as you can see your other thread was moved, just click on it and you will see where it is.

Pellwm

Cadet
Re: Aftermarket Fuel Pump for Mercruiser 7.4L MPI. Are they worth the money savings?

Do not repost, as you can see your other thread was moved, just click on it and you will see where it is.

Sorry about that, I was simply placing the topic in the correct Forum as I accidentally had it in the non-repair section. I tried to delete the old one but I cant find that option

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I moved it to the NON REPAIR forum, you aren't trying to repair anything, just asking about price and quality.
This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.