Skiing Accessories

l008com

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I used to ski with my boat a lot back in the 90s. We had a lake house so you'd just go out with what you needed.

So I'm thinking about trying to take a little skiing trip on a local Mass lake. No lake house, so I'll need to keep my skis and board onboard. Do they make simple ski racks that just hang on to the side gunnel of the boat?

Also back in the day, we used this pulley thing that would connect to the two rear hooks on the back of the transom. It worked but, I'd rather use a ski pylon. All the ones I've seen are 3 legged pylons. Do they make 4 legged pylons? Something that would bolt to the top of the gunnels. Ideally something that was removable. I know it sounds like I'm talking about a ski tower, but I'm not talking about a ski tower. Nothing that big or permanent or expensive. My boat is an outboard with a (relatively) big splash well, so a traditional pylon won't work. Plus I really don't want to drill anything to my floor, I'd much rather have it all attach to the gunnels. And I really want both of these objects to be easily removable, I probably won't be using them more than a few times per year.

haulnazz15

Captain
Re: Skiing Accessories

Just use a pulley on the transom eyes. The ski poles are more troubles than they're worth, and you won't be able to tell any difference as a skier. If you don't have a ski locker, there's not much you can do aside from just storing the skis in the floor.

l008com

Senior Chief Petty Officer

What about a 2-board wakeboard rack? I should be able to fit two skis side by side in one wakeboard slot, and a real wakeboard in the other slot, right?

haulnazz15

Captain

Yes, you can use wakeboard racks (they make ski racks as well) if you want to invest the money. They aren't cheap.