Well I finally did it!! Kinda

Me1stBoat

Seaman
Figured I would share my SHT even though it wasn't totally my fault.

Was taking the boat out for a check ride today after getting it back from the mechanic. Still had a few issues and the buddy that was with me wasn't comfortable backing the trailer. So he backs the boat away from the dock so I can get the trailer in the water far enough. He drives the boat on the trailer, I hook the bow strap and winch it the rest of the way on the trailer.

In comes the SHT, I ask my buddy, did you lift the outdrive up. Yep he says, sure did. What he didn't realize, my boat has a trailer button to raise the outdrive all the way as it has a limiter switch on the trim controls so you cant lift the prop out of the water while underway. I climb back in the truck and pull the boat out of the water only to hear a gold awful scraping sound. I jump out and there's a pretty little white scratch all the way up the ramp and on the asphalt. I'm like WTF, I walk to the back of the boat and sure enough, skeg is firmly implanted in the pavement holding the stern of the boat up.

Only thing I could think to do was tell him to hold the trailer button while I edged forward to get the weight off the skeg.

Oh well, didn't damage anything and my buddy learned a valuable lesson, called him skeg the rest of the afternoon!! Lol

The Rooster

Ensign
Re: Well I finally did it!! Kinda

No harm, No foul. Glad it wasn't serious this time. I'm not that familiar w/ trailering mode on I/O's myself !!!