New Boat owner needs a little help

mobom0

Recruit
I been riding Harleys for 40 years and arthritis has pretty much stopped that due to surgeries. I trade my last bike for a four winns 170 bowrider with a 3.0 omc. The Drive unit or shifter , I think thats what its called is out of it and I preetty much see how it goes together andhow to wire it up and I think I know how the cables hook to it.ITs where you throttle it and place in gear. My problem is the unit itself is apart. Where you pull upp on the unit that lets u engage from neutral to reverse or neutral to forward in my case it is a red plastic piece under the a chrome shifter. My question is where can I get prints or schematics on this unit. I believe a spring goes somewher in that unit to allow it to spring back to place when its engaged to change from neutral to whtever. I cant find one and a couple of small pieces I have leftover. A nut and someother small piece. Help if you can. Jeff

Bondo

Staff member
Re: New Boat owner needs a little help

I trade my last bike for a four winns 170 bowrider with a 3.0 omc.

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,...

What Vintage are We talkin',..??

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
Re: New Boat owner needs a little help

omc throttle control.jpgIs this the standard OMC throttle control, or a Teleflex or other unit? I have an 88 Four Winns and it came with the standard OMC throttle control like the one in this pic....