The Engine is back in the hole.

sam60

Captain
Re: The Engine is back in the hole.

The forklift was a must. Glad my buddy has the shop and equipment for all of this. I haven't paid $1 in labor and that's the only way that I could have done this project. So far, total investment is $3,450 including the boat purchase. That amount will go way up with the first load of fuel.

Unrelated, but I met a guy last weekend in our small town that is 86 and was a OMC certified mechanic during the entire duration of the company's existence, along with several other manufacturers. He has a large supply of parts and still does boat repair. This guy is a walking shop manual.

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner

Unrelated, but I met a guy last weekend in our small town that is 86 and was a OMC certified mechanic during the entire duration of the company's existence, along with several other manufacturers. He has a large supply of parts and still does boat repair. This guy is a walking shop manual.

I think you hit the jackpot and you're not even IN Las Vegas!!

sam60

Captain

I left the engine compartment cover off so you can check out the install next time you're flying over.

sam60

Captain

Hey,

When is the splash test?

Rebuilding the carb in the morning, filling the drive and starting it this weekend. SPLASH 10-22-11.

Factory service manual says fill drive from bottom but I thought that I'd read here that's not the way to do a (King) Cobra?

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner

Factory service manual says fill drive from bottom but I thought that I'd read here that's not the way to do a (King) Cobra?

Dog Clutch Cobra is filled from the "FILL" port.

Cone Clutch Cobra is filled exactly like the OEM manual says to do it! :D

sam60

Captain

Going for a splash of new gas, putting the elbows on, filling the drive and starting in the morning. I have 50 gallons of aged vintage gas for free....come and get it!

10-15-11 017.jpg10-15-11 018.jpg

sam60

Captain

Got it running today after fixing the solenoid on the new starter and bringing the fuel pump back to life. Here are the problems-

Tach starts at 4000 RPM and goes up from there. ?

Fuel pump is weak and couldn't keep up. Ordering tonight.

No water temp reading on the gauge. Will check/replace sending unit.

Tilt/trim gauge isn't working. ?

Other than that, run smooth and sounded sweet!