Cleaning the hull after haulout

badcarma58

Seaman Apprentice
Hauled out my boat other day. It doesn't have bottom paint. Powerwashed and scrubbed alot, but still alot of color and grit on hull surface.

Any suggestions on what to use, or what technique gets the hull back to showroom condition?

MolsonCanadian

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Cleaning the hull after haulout

I used On & Off, found at the local marina. Its an acid based bottom wash. I applied it with a rag on the end of my boat brush. Let it sit a few mins and then sprayed off.

Be sure to protect your trailer with plastic or tarps.

'78 Crusader

Chief Petty Officer

Easy off works well too....just use it in small areas and rinse off as soon as you can

partskenn

Petty Officer 1st Class

As mentioned, you can clean it with a mild acid wash. For future reference, you will find it is MUCH easier to clean if you take it directly to the car wash and hit it before it gets the chance to dry and harden. Yeah, an hour or two makes a big difference.
Second that. I always try to hit mine with the power washer within the first hour or two after she comes out. The crud comes off so much easier.

BRICH1260

Lieutenant

Walmart carries a good Hull cleaning product. Just wipe it on and hose it off. About $8 per bottle.

Outsider

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Muratic acid from a big box store. It is acid, and will ruin your day if it gets into your eyes or you get your nose too close ... :eek: