2006 Yamaha F150 low /no oil pressure

JTCCC

Recruit
While idling my alarm went off on my lowrance showed low to no oil pressure.Took up to 3000 RPM oil pressure went to 20 Psi stopped pulled dip stick to see if any water in oil none and checked all connectors all looked good. Checked compression 122-124? Pulled oil filter off seemed to have alot of pressure. Oil squirted out nothing like i have seen before when changing oil? Any ideas?

JTCCC

Recruit
Re: 2006 Yamaha F150 low /no oil pressure

Called a couple of dealers and Yamaha They asked if I have ever hit anything. 2 years ago I hit a tree bent the prop shaft and prop.They said when there is a sudden stopage/impact it can take the counter balancer gears out and could be from 2 hours too 100 hours before you notice anything.Never any noise or different sound form motor.It was never checked when repaired. Had the oil filter cut open there was quite abit of nylon/fiber in the filter. Will work with insurance company to see if it could be a result from the impact. Any one else had this type of experience? Will not be returning to the dealer who originally repaired! He was almost afraid to talk to me when I said it should of been inspected after the damage occured. Yamaha said this should of been common to inspect this after impact

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: 2006 Yamaha F150 low /no oil pressure

Sorry for your problems, but it is good to know about this for future reference.
Thanks for posting this.

Never thought about it , but I guess the sudden stop of the drive shaft causes damage to the non metal gears due to the momentum of the balancer's weight

Did it cause damage to the internals of the motor?
probably need to check deeper, maybe some blockage in other places also