washing machine help

yourkiddin

Petty Officer 1st Class
Maytag top loader. After it finishes it rinse and spin it should stop. Instead it goes on to the extra rinse cycle and then leaves the water in the tub. Having to put it back on spin to remove water. Wanting to take a gamble and replace the timer. What u guys think?

puddle jumper

Captain
Re: washing machine help

Just a thought. There is a pressure tube beside the drum that plugs up and gives false readings to the switches.

yourkiddin

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm also wondering if the selector switch for the rinse is bad. It's on normal rinse, but there is a extended rinse button. Tomorrow I'm going to unhook the extended
rinse wires. See what it does then.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

+1

Don't just go buy a timer. I did that with a whirlpool washer because it would stop and not engage the slow agitate cycle. A few minutes would go by and it would resume its normal path.

I assumed it was a function of the timer. WRONG! I now have a $100 timer sitting on the shelf and I sold the Whirlpool set on Craigslist.

Turns out it was a motor function. The motor was a two speed motor and the slow speed only ingaged itermittantly.

yourkiddin

Petty Officer 1st Class

i did a little more research an this may also be the lid switch. i would think the switch would just be a shut off when it was open. but i do know that when it is not functioning correctly, if i open the lid it will start spinning and drain the water and then stopp off.