Motorguide 725 Silencer trolling motor

Stonnejb

Cadet
Help
I have a motorguide trolling motor 725 silencer and I need a prop for it. I have gone to several stores looking for a prop for it and can not find one that will fit. It uses a 3" diameter prop and the cup is 3" deep. If there is anyone with any information that will direct me to a website, or a lacation that will help me get a prop for this trolling motor, I will really appreciate it. This trolling motor was manufactoried in 1986 the 25th edition. It has a Doug Hannon prop abd I can not find any information on this particular trolling motor the web or anywhere.

Help

Stonnejb

Thanks for all the information that you all provided to help me get my 74 1150 starting and running great.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Motorguide 725 Silencer trolling motor

Look at the MotorGuide web site and get a list of MotorGuide Service Centers. They will likely have or can obtain the prop you need. Remember though -- you are dealing with a 25 year old motor. Some parts may be no longer available -- period. Your options are examine and measure the mounting carefully. Buy a prop that is close to those specs and modifiy it to fit.

Stonnejb

Cadet
Re: Motorguide 725 Silencer trolling motor

Thanks Silvertip, I will try that. Yes, I agree it is an old motor. The prop that is on is okay, but any time it bumps against anything it breaks a piece off the blades.

Thanks