Water Drain Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

naumovski

Cadet
Hi to everyone i own 2006 Four Winns H180 with Volvo penta 3.0 glp-d

Im trying to winterize my boat and everything goes well(Added Stabil,Warm up the engine and change the oil and filters,Then Fogging and im not going to add antifreeze because i have no idea how to proper do that i just like to drain the water )The water from block drain normally
But on manifold i take off the plug and no water leak i tried to clean the hole with screwdriver but nothing happen
the hole looks like stuck because screwdriver not going in like in the other hole from the block...
Sorry for bad english.I am from europe and im not having a boat mechanic in near so i must do this myself
Please Help...

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Water Drain Help

Try blowing some air in the drain hole, On occasion, I have found them plugged up so bad I ended up running the engine to keep the water flowing and kept cleaning it out until all the dirt and corrosion where clear of the hole, Then re-drained every thing.

naumovski

Cadet

Don Thank You For Your advice I finally drain the water from the block and from manifold and
from what i can see my engine(volvo 3.0 glp-d) have only two drain plugs vs (more plugs in manual)
today i decided to get antifreeze and i will add through the water hoses
DON Some advice about how to finish this job about winterizing and if someone can answer to me did my engine have only two drain plugs...
Im doing this for first time and its taking me 1 week to finish everything but i am doing it slow and try to not made
some mistake and still learning about my boat and engine...
next time i hope will be faster and better...
Here is my winterizing procedure(IS IT EVERYTHING OK OR ? )):
Add STABIL,
Run on muffs for 10 min and Change engine and gear oil and filters
Run on muffs and fog engine through carburetor
Add fogging oil in each spark plug,
Used WD-40 for corrosion on engine,
Drain Water
Take off the hoses from water pump and my next step and i think the FINAL will be to ADD ANTIFREEZE(How many gallons can manifold and block take and did i need to add antifreeze only in hoses that lead to block and manifold or add it in other hoses...
Im learning a lot of things from this forum..And im not have mechanic in my place so i must learn from forum and ask about everything..
THANK YOU Iboats thank you everyone

naumovski

Cadet

I Removed two hoses in the picture one from block one from manifold and add antifreeze
I just like to ask is 2 gal of antifreeze ok because i overfill the hoses and its only take 2 gal is that ok...
Did i need add antifreeze in some other hoses..

View attachment 116832

Status
Not open for further replies.