Fuel tank sending unit

gasman1

Cadet
I have a new Lund Impact and the fuel gauge is way out. Shows empty when there is still 3/4 of a tank left. Would this be the sending unit in the tank? Is there any way to calibrate the fuel gauge itself or if it is the problem do you just replace it.
Thanks

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral
Re: Fuel tank sending unit

Its probably the sending unit in the tank. I would take it back to the dealer so you do screw up your warranty.

stylesabu

Master Chief Petty Officer

does gauge move at all?, there isn't any calibration. did it ever work correctly?

gasman1

Cadet

The gauge does read but reads empty when there is still 3/4 of a tank of fuel left. Dealer thought it was sending unit right from the start but have been waiting for Lund to send one for about 3 months. Sent the wrong one once.

bassman284

Commander

On my 2001 Explorer when the gauge shows empty there is still about 7 gal left in a 19 gal tank. It was that way new and I never got around to doing anything about it. Just got used to it. It is very consistent.

Being as far off as yours would be more annoying, I think. Maybe something as simple as the float arm being mounted wrong?