I loathe Automobile Dealers and their Advertisements....

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRG25

Chief Petty Officer
Recently in my area we have had major flooding where many people have lost their homes and all belongings. So on my way to work I hear on the radio one local dealership expressing their "sympathy" to the affected families by offering a $500 discount on a new vehicle. I don't know about anyone else but I just find that insulting. When I bought my current car I got several thousand off by doing a little research and not being pressured into purchasing until I found what I wanted and was satisfied with the price. I've had salesmen tell me I wouldn't get this price if I didn't buy right NOW. Are you kidding me? These places spend thousands of dollars flooding the airwaves with advertising that is so obnoxious, especially when I'm looking for some MUSIC. I just think the whole industry is just consumed with greed.

Ok...I feel better now LOL

lncoop

Vice Admiral
Re: I loathe Automobile Dealers and their Advertisements....

None of those ads on Sirius/XM. Well worth the eight or so bucks a month, at least to me.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

None of those ads on Sirius/XM. Well worth the eight or so bucks a month, at least to me.

As I. Both our vehicles have them. That's all we listen to........

OP, you're right.............. Greed......... $500 is a joke. Anybody can get that and alot more....

southkogs

Staff member

Run down to Goodwill and assemble some costumes ... be certain not to wash your hair, and to black out some teeth.

Put about $87.22 in change in your pockets - make sure it's odd number, and you have plenty of pennies.

Spend a Saturday morning going to a couple of these car lot's with the fam to find out after the $500 discount which car you can get for $87.22 (make sure you show them the money). Something along the lines of "We'uns was so excited to hear your radio commercial. Poor Yolinda's had to ride a cow to school and back for months!" When the salespeople try to explain why they can't sell you a car for $87.22 waste as much of their time as you like pretending you don't get it.

After you've had enough - use about half the cash to get some pizza and call it a day.

Fight fire with devious fun.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

A rant is one thing, a bash is something else. This sounds too much like a bash. Sorry, folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.