Sea Nymph FM 146

basstender10.6

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am looking to buy a Sea Nymph FM 146. The boat is a 1997 with a console and a 30hp evinrude (1997) with electric start. The boat has a raised deck, bow mount trolling motor and a galvanized trailer. It looks to be in good condition. Is this a good deal?
Thanks

Re: Sea Nymph FM 146

Whether it's a good buy depends on the price. In looking on CraigsList, a boat like you tell about should be in the $1,750 to $2,500+ range. The cleaner and closer to original condition - the higher the price. Whether it will suit your needs depends on where you will use it as to whether the boat is big enough for the lake weather you could encounter, how many people will go out with you as to whether there is room for all your stuff and the 30 hp will power the boat adequately, etc. Check out the floor soundness of the wood, the transom wood, etc. It is fall, so if you're 'Up North' the price should be lower. Good luck.

basstender10.6

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks! I completely forgot to post the price. The guy is asking 2 grand. It looks to be in good condition and it comes with a nice bow mount tm

Then based on the boat I saw and it's price, you're getting a great deal - since you have a larger motor and galvanized trailer. Let me know how it all works out. You must live somewhere you can fish for a while longer?

Last spring I bought a '87 FM 161 w/ 28 hp Johnson, bow mount tm, side console steering, & galvanized trailer - all in 'good' condition - for $2,000. Took out the steering console and sold it w/ the motor for $950. Bought a '96 40 hp Johnson tiller motor w/ T&T ($1,200), replaced all the storage locker & live well hatches w/ marine plywood and carpet, replaced two seats and added a third pedestal seat, and put in two new batteries. Now I've found a 2,000# capacity very heavy duty galvanized trailer for only $200, that I plan to swap out (today) w/ the smaller one that came with the rig. So I'll have the fishing rig I've always wanted for under $3,000. I'm in North Carolina, so we can fish nearly year round. I plan to use my little 4 hp long shaft Johnson for a kicker motor, and possibly also use a second trolling motor on the back.

basstender10.6

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks! I am in New Jersey. I think the guy just wants to get rid of it before he takes his new boat out of the water so he has a spot to store it for the winter. I really just want a boat that can do just under 30mph but is stable and comfortable for 2-3 people fishing for a few hours. I figured that if the motor ran like a top it is worth over $1,200 and the trailer has to be worth about $500-600. I have seen very similar rigs sell for over 4 grand. I am going to jump on this one and see what happens!