I don't know what this connector does ..

Haysc

Petty Officer 3rd Class
IMAG0090.jpg

what is this rod that has the plastic white connector on it ? looked in my manual but the explosion doesn't show it...I know its part of the throttle but can't figure out where it connects

Haysc

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: I don't know what this connector does ..

IMAG0091.jpg

retiredfornow

Petty Officer 1st Class

It connects right where it's at, I believe. Looks like the ball & socket popped out of the timing advance lever.

Haysc

Petty Officer 3rd Class

it was outside of the metal ring .. I put it back in there.. just doesn't seem like a secure connection ... thanks for the reply .. I'm stupid when it comes to these engines

Randybeall

Petty Officer 1st Class

You have put it in the right location, the nylon remains of the clip are just not holding it properly. You likely need to get a new connector from a dealer. I would do both ends of the rod so you don't have the problem again.

Haysc

Petty Officer 3rd Class

thanks randy and mark! i really appriciate the help.. this place is great! good assumption mark its a 79 55

Haysc

Petty Officer 3rd Class

just an update ..pilled the model number off the mount .. turns out mine is a 77(55773d).. i was told it was a 1979 at first

mark1961

Ensign

just an update ..pilled the model number off the mount .. turns out mine is a 77(55773d).. i was told it was a 1979 at first

Makes no difference......that part did not change anyway.....good to know i was only a year out, thought i was slippin there for a bit. :D

Mas

Lieutenant Commander

Looks to me like somebody welded a washer to the powerhead? Did something break and needed some jury rigging?

Mas

mark1961

Ensign

Looks to me like somebody welded a washer to the powerhead? Did something break and needed some jury rigging?

Mas

Well spotted.....i hadnt noticed that, changing that part wont be as simple as it looks.....

Haffiman

Commander

If the hole in the washer is the same as the original hole in the timer base arm, should not be a problem. The new joints comes with the bearing part that fits in the hole.

Haysc

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Mas

i reckon so.. i bought this motor last year.. the previous owner probably rigged it! its one thing after another..

Haysc

Petty Officer 3rd Class

just wanted to come back and say thanks guys! found time last night to put the connector on and everything is working like new!