pedestal seat bolt patterns

Sunsetrider

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well, despite serious personal shortcomings in the skills department I have managed to replace the rotting section of the deck, glassed it in and installed new carpeting. I have also epoxy/screwed a base for the pededestal for the helm (replacing the lounge seats on one side). I've purchased an adjustable swivel pedestal, and an economical seat to pop on top.

Gotta return the Todd seat . . . it has a 12x5 bolt pattern and the swivel has a 5x5. Todd has refused to supply the adapter plate to my retailer, West Marine (I guess they don't have sufficient pull in the marketplace. Whatever. :rolleyes:) There are plenty of alternatives, but it seems to be a serious challenge to discover the bolt pattern of any seat either on this site or otherwise. Sellers seem to really love to use the phrase "standard" bolt pattern. laugh out loud here . . . :rolleyes:erhaps my research skills are lacking but I would really like to just find an adapter plate to bring a 12x5 to a 5x5 so I can buy whichever dang seat I want and get on with my boating life!!!

Any suggestions out there in radioland? :confused:

Pic available if interested . . . :)

P

Sunsetrider

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: pedestal seat bolt patterns

Makes sense. I'll see if I can locate a slider. Thanks.

JSmitty

Seaman Apprentice

I had the same problem. Unfortunately, but fortunately :confused:, my old pedestals' pattern didn't fit my new seats. But the pedestals were too tall for the seats anyway, so I bought new pedestals with sliders. The sliders had multiple hole layouts.

Sunsetrider

Petty Officer 1st Class

I found a non-sliding aluminum plate in the West Marine catalogue for $29. I should receive it before the lake freezes!