fishwell breaker keeps tripping

sunny9999

Recruit
Hi I own a 2004 Glastron 213 DC Sport Fisherman...when I put on the switch to empty the fishwells the breaker keeps tripping and I have to use a wet vac to empty them...what could be the problem causing this....all answers would be appriciated......thanks.

boat1010

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: fishwell breaker keeps tripping

Welcome to iboats... It just sounds like you have a bad pump motor. Take a meter and read it out to see if it is shorted.

sunny9999

Recruit

Hi I own a 2004 Glastron 213 DC Sport Fisherman...when I put on the switch to empty the fishwells the breaker keeps tripping and I have to use a wet vac to empty them...what could be the problem causing this....all answers would be appriciated......thanks.[/QUOTE

ok thanks will try that.....thanks for the welcome....

sunny9999

Recruit

Thanks for the welcome...will test out the pump motor...thanks for the advice..

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

You will always measure zero ohms on an electric motor so that isn't a good test.

First thing you should do is to disconnect the motor and see if the breaker still trips. That will tell you if there is a short in any wiring.

I would take the pump/motor out and make sure the motor shaft turns freely and that no water has entered the motor. If that checks out, you could try running straight from a battery with a much larger fuse to verify that it isn't just a faulty breaker.