Sea Doo fuel line

texasvet54

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a 1995 XP and a 1996 GTI Sea Doo. Both have 717 engines. As a winter project, I'd like to replace the old gray fuel lines. Any suggestions on what kind of fuel line I should use, along with size and where can I buy it?

Thanks
texasvet

sdride

Seaman
Re: Sea Doo fuel line

20-25 feet of 1/4 inch fuel line would do the trick for each ski. You should go for the marine grade but most people go with the 1/4 auto grade that you would find at any auto parts store (Napa etc.) they sell it in spools. You also do not need to replace the gray vent lines if you do not want to. You will also need about 20 SS clamps for each ski. Home depot sells them

I agree with sdride. Check around for the hose price, stores around me varied from 60 cent a foot to over $1.20 a foot for the same quality hose.
If you see some of the green goo that builds up due to the tempo lines and the new gas i would replace the vent lines also. May sure you clean all filters-inside carbs too, clean the fuel selector knob, change or add an inline fuel filter. When is the last time the in-line oil filter was changed and bled????

Take you time and do basically one hose at a time. i started at the front. You'll need to take off 3 hose to clean the selector so mark which hoses go where with masking tape....take pictures if need be.

The little hose between carbs if you have 2, are a bi**h to remove unless you remove the carbs first, which is what I recommend and then rebuild them.

texasvet54

Petty Officer 1st Class

May sure you clean all filters-inside carbs too

Thanks for the advice. Since I've not taken anything apart yet on my ski, I don't know what the filters inside the carbs look like. Can they be removed from the carb or do you just spray them with Gumout or some type of carb cleaner?

Thanks
Texasvet

They are inside the carbs, about an inch long. You can just clean them unless they are torn or won't come clean, then buy new ones.

Google "carb rebuild for seadoo" Use only OEM parts/Mikuni parts not aftermaerket parts as they tend not to fit and also less durable.
Quote from a mechanic "Forget it....this isnt a place to save $10. Aftermarket kits dont have all the parts...specifically the filter."

try here - http://onlyseadoo.com/index.php?main_page=product_free_shipping_info&cPath=1&products_id=39

or

Here is some excellent info on rebuilding your carb.

BTW- I am not the author of this. The origination is from this location http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?t=3495

Attached Files

File Type: pdf carbrebuild-1.pdf‎ (7.53 MB, 4683 views)
File Type: pdf carbrebuild-2.pdf‎ (5.17 MB, 2463 views)
File Type: pdf carbrebuild-3.pdf‎ (4.26 MB, 2019 views)
File Type: pdf carbrebuild-4.pdf‎ (7.38 MB, 2044 views)