Pontoon tunes

dizee25

Recruit
I and my buddies like to play our toons so that we can hear them while out swimming, we came up with these ideas for mounting our speakers. What do yall think, we admit to being a little redneck, my buddies boat is even named redneck rich. We have even added a balance bar on his so that nobody falls down if they happen to be dancing. :)

Attachments

• black bar.JPG
    black bar.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 0
  • red bar.JPG
    red bar.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 0

The Rooster

Ensign
Re: Pontoon tunes

Excellent idea "dizee25". At night time, out on the lake, I can hear some Pink Floyd - Dark side of the moon, or maybe some Alice in chains - The Rooster, blasting from those speakers !!!

EGlideRider

Lieutenant Junior Grade

To each their own... For us old geezers, we enjoy soft music and the serenity of quiet surroundings.

mjc3834merc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

You got that right EGlideRider. Thats why I go to the lake during the week and not on the weekends. Sometimes I can't avoid it, like when my kids come up. There always seems to be at least one group of rednecks... You can call them that, I have other names but women and children read these fourms too... That think every one on the lake should share there counrty western, rap, or whatever they have blaring at 130 decibels.

OK....end of rant.

5150abf

Vice Admiral

That isn't redneck at all, there would be 2x4s and a tarp involved to make it redneck, those look pretty nicely done.

I have a 160 watt Rockford with 4 speakers on my fishing boat and will play one song load, usually some Halen or a select AC/DC,Rush sounds pretty cool too but only the one song since I have come across the guy playing his country at full blast for far too long adn I don't want to bother others that are trying to enjoy the water.

I have some Sony headphones for my ipod that sound just as good and I'm not bothering anyone but there really is no substitute for raw wattage.

The Rooster

Ensign

To each their own... For us old geezers, we enjoy soft music and the serenity of quiet surroundings.

I hear you "EGlideRider". I can respect Sinatra, or maybe Dion and the Belmonts, but it's hard to beat Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, Rush, Styx. ect... Like you said, to each his own !!!