Volvo Penta Service Manuals and Parts Source

dlucyk

Recruit
Engine Model - 50FBPBYC
Engine Serial - T01300094
Sterndrive - DP-SM

I am looking for a DIY service manual and a decent parts source for my 99 model year boat (98 model year powertrain). Checked the Volvo Penta website with the Engine Model# and Engine Serial# (I took both right off the motor tag) and neither exist in their database. I believe Volvo Penta and OMC had some type of joint venture during this period so perhaps this is part of the reason. I did search through the volvo penta website deep enough to be referred to Elanders in Sweden but they replied....."Volvo Penta has unfortunately no DIY manual for this engine. You can however find information about the drive unit in the new gasoline book 47700414. This publication can be ordered from Volvo Pentas webshop."

Tried finding this publication on the Volvo website without success. I did find some other publications:

Engine Components 7797451
Electrical and Ignition 7797452
Fuel System 7797453
EFI Diagnostic 7797454
SX / DP-S Sterndrive and Transom Shield 7797455
DP-E Sterndrive and Transom Shield 7797525
DP-D1 Sterndrive and Transom Shield 7797368
DPX Sterndrive and Xact? Steering System 7797366

I am hoping I do not need to order 7 cataglogs (1 for each system). Basically, I am just looking for a service manual that would cover general maintenance, laying up procedures, etc.

The other thing I am looking for is a decent parts source for this model. I know that Volvo Penta tries to push owners to their dealers but I am hoping to avoid the markup.

Any help on either topic would be appreciated.