Volvo 290 Fork bushings.

f_inscreenname

Commander
I just picked up a eBay Volvo 290 that I am refurbishing a project boat.
In the process of tiring to get it apart the plastic fork bushing that the pins got into that hold the drive on got kind of messed up. So after paint I grabbed a set I had in another Volvo 280 but they are to big. There seems to be a second metal bushing in the fork that?s making the hole smaller. Where can I get the smaller ones? Part number?
Also the originals were white if that helps.

Also I am looking for the studs that go in the shield that hold it to the transom but first the bushings.

unled2lz.jpg

Attachments

• unled2lz.jpg
    unled2lz.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 0

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

f_inscreenname

Commander
Re: Volvo 290 Fork bushings.

Thanks Don. I knew the Volvo god would know where to find them. I looked last night for a couple hours and just got more confused by listings of what the bushings didn't fit.

It's a single. You know these Volvo's better then I ever hope to. 280's and 270's are my experience. This is the first time with a 290. The drive looks like a 280 with a special fork attachment on it. Is it?
I hoping it will fill a OMC hole in a project boat.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I hoping it will fill a OMC hole in a project boat

Depends on which OMC you had. It will not cover the old stringer drive holes. But it will cover a Cobra drive hole.

f_inscreenname

Commander

You wouldn't happen to know the size of the stud (thread count and thickness)? 120 bucks is a bit high for 6 studs.

Thanks