Thanks iBoats

Mac3

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello all,
I have a 98 Johnson 150 Ficht and regardless what anyone says I think it is a great engine. I am new to power boating after 30 years of being a yachtie (still am but on other people's toys) When I bought my power boat no local wanted to service my engine, I have seen it described as the world's simplest engine underneath the world's most complicated computer. So, through iBoats I learnt to service it myself. After following threads and reading other's expertise I think I am as capable servicing my Ficht as any factory trained tech. Considering I road test my product I believe this to be so- I am a service technician in another industry as my day job and believe me the lingo and b.s. are the same. I read many posts now and think- I know the answer to that guy's problem!- but I don't reply as iBoats have many professional opinions more polished than my backyard answer. A big thank you to the existence of the internet and the friendly professional help at the click of a mouse.

I have one question though... I have the Johnson service manual pn 507350 but it seems more like an installation manual, is there something more detailed? I have a Seloc manual also but it's a bit generalised as you probably know.
best regards and thanks again
David

oldcatamount

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Thanks iBoats

Mac3, don't ever hesitate to reply to a thread if you think can help answer a question. Other view points and other experiances are always good.

Mac3

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Thanks iBoats

Thanks Haffiman,
once again a fast and accurate answer when a question is asked. Wish everyday life was like that...:)