Windshield for a older runabout

onewing

Cadet
I have a 1961 Glasspar that the windshild is missing.It is in great boat and very wll taken care of. I bought it from the second owner who only owned it for a year but somehow the windhield was broken while under the boatcover.He removed it and shortly after that I bought it. He then threw the parts away I have the rubber gasket that goes on the bottom that shows the radias of the windshield. Its only like 48 inchs across and about 18 inchs tall. I cant find a place who stocks replacment Glasspar windshields or where there is a used one. Could you all tell me a resource or a place on the panet that makea a windshild for Glasspars?

onewing

Cadet
Windshild for a older runabout

Windshild for a older runabout

I have a 1961 Glasspar that the windshild is missing.It is in great boat and very wll taken care of. I bought it from the second owner who only owned it for a year but somehow the windhield was broken while under the boatcover.He removed it and shortly after that I bought it. He then threw the parts away I have the rubber gasket that goes on the bottom that shows the radias of the windshield. Its only like 48 inchs across and about 18 inchs tall. I cant find a place who stocks replacment Glasspar windshields or where there is a used one. Could you all tell me a resource or a place on the panet that makea a windshild for Glasspars?

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: Windshild for a older runabout

i think your gonna have to make one.....

there are posts here on iboats about bending plexi glass

JDA1975

Lieutenant

I got lucky and found an old hull someone was giving away that had a good windshield that fits my boat, with minimal modification. Might keep an eye out for them that way too, some people don't know what they had. In my search for a windshield I was looking at a pretty penny to have one fabbed, so him giving it away saved me a little money. Of course now i have another hull to get rid of.
0922111838.jpg

JDA1975

Lieutenant

the new windshield just looks better ezmobee, I really like that look! there are a ton of old hulls noone wants so you never know what you'll find. I haven't mounted mine yet, got it removed from trailer and blocked up in neighbors yard today, will strip the parts once i have my hull back together and ready for it.

onewing

Cadet

andgott

Master Chief Petty Officer

What model Glasspar is it?? I now where there are some windshields for them, Citations, marathons, possibly others.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

onewing;3491001what did you do with te old one? Was it in good shape and are interested in selling it?[/QUOTE said:
That was many years ago. (plus it was cracked when I got it, then a tree fell on it :facepalm:)

onewing

Cadet

I am not sure I will look for the model this weekend andgott. I know its only 48 inchs wide and like 18 inchs tall but I will check it out when I get home. Thanks Andgott your giving me some hope

RandyJ

Master Chief Petty Officer

Well, if it's any consolation I've got a very similar windshield laying on the ground and probably partially covered with mud. I've also got an old hull that's going to the dump when I get the motor off of it parted out. The windshield on that boat is pretty much the same but a little wider.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

I am not sure I will look for the model this weekend andgott. I know its only 48 inchs wide and like 18 inchs tall but I will check it out when I get home. Thanks Andgott your giving me some hope

Hmmm, Kalispell...

Same place I live!

You might check at the marine shop next to Office Max, they get junk boats with good parts every once in a while, I bought a windshield from them a couple of years ago.

onewing

Cadet

So I was wondering if you had any luck from the windshield you might have you talked about back in September. I have been kind of out of the picture due to medical issues, family problems, but now him back working onboat . please let me know. I would really appreciate it and I will pay for shipping
. One wing

onewing

Cadet

Andgott,
sorry I've been out of commission for the last couple months due to medical problems and family issues. The Glaspar is just a 14 foot roundabout. As I mentioned in previous messages on the outside curved the outside curve. The windshield is 48 inches, 18 inches tall, but whenever windshield comes close is in pretty good shape. I can probably make work. So that is still possible. Please let me know how much it is to ship it because summer is coming.
Onewing