late 70s early 80s 200 hp evinrude runs fine in neautral but underload not good

Ty1965

Recruit
Hi,i bought a 18 ft Fun Master with a 200 hp evinrude.The motor is blue but cant find any tag on it.Someone took it off.Any way of finding what year it is?Heres my second and biggest issue.It runs fantastic in neutral and will run fine while under load for a while.After ive driven it for a while and stop to fish it will start and run fine in neautral but bogs and spitter spatters under load.I have changed plugs,changed fuel pumps,rebuit carbs and also made sure gas is perfect.Any suggestions?Anything will help,Thanks

oldcatamount

Lieutenant Commander
Re: late 70s early 80s 200 hp evinrude runs fine in neautral but underload not good

On the motor, there will be a aluminum freeze plug. It'll be about the size of a quarter. The model number and the serial number will be stamped on it. Use the code word I-N-T-R-O-D-U-C-E-S (I- being 1, N being 2 etc.) The first two of the last three letters will tell the year ie: UC = 78. As for the bogging down, check your fuel tank to see if the cap is venting right. That's a serious motor and the air has to go into the tank at the same rate as the fuel is going out.