bubbles in the gel coat help?

in to deep

Seaman
started pulling the upholstered side boards off! What i found under the boards on the open bow is cracks in the gel coat were the screws were and allot of bubbles - blisters???
Well like my nick here " In To Deep " I get one thing done then i find anther been pondering if i should give this thing a vikings burial but with all the money spent now new stringers new floor new transom and all that dam fiberglass yes i am in to deep :( Ok so what do i do with these blisters or bubbles i take iI'mim going to have to sand all this down then what spray on a new coat of gel coat?
This is a 1979 boat so the white gel coat is dull so how do you match the color? was thinking of just leaving it and put new upholstered boards on
but it would bug me to no ends just knowing i just covered it up!!
was also thinking of grinding off the old cover snaps and fill in the holes might as well do it right???
so how far do ya have to grind down on the gel coat?? and then what ? just like spray painting a car mask it all off then start spaying?
sorry for the babble this gel coat stuff i have not done before so i have tried to look for other post here or a video but did not see much
so how to go about all this????

004.jpg003.jpg002.jpg001.jpgld eat at me just knowing i just covered it up

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: bubbles in the gel coat help?

forget about it.

its called boat pox. osmosis in the actual fibreglass.....
it is very expensive to repair......and the repair might not even work........it is due to porous fibreglass.....

the way to repair it .....is to grind off the gellcoat....totally scuff the fibreglass.then apply a epoxy coat with new glass either new csm ( that is compatible with epoxy) or a thin woven product.......then fair and paint.....(you cant re gell over epoxy)......even then,,,,it might re appear after time

the most common solution......it to leave it alone.