Frustrated!!!

produceguy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Bad day boating for us today.
Took a friend and my son out fishing today and as I got the rpms up we started smelling something burning. I shut her down and seen some smoke but couldn't tell were it was coming from so we thru out the anchor to let her cool off and do some fishing, temp gauge was fine and I think it might be a flapper burning but I don't know for sure. Anyway we fished in that spot for a couple hours and nothing, So, I started her up and went to shift into gear, she dies, did this a few more times with the same results. WTF. I put a new lower shift cable on it last year but I might of stretched it, so thats just dandy.
Finally got her into gear and kept the rpms down and she ran great, so we hit a couple more fishing holes but everytime I killed it and started it,put it in gear it would die.
Then I could hear the lower unit not wanting to go fully into gear but I finally got it to go and off to the next spot.

5 hours on the lake and not one bite, All we got today was a wounded boat. Time to go. We was loading the boat and noticed a gent fishing along side the dock and sure enough this guys pulling in the fish.
Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the time with my son and friend but dam this is frustrating!!!

Got home and the wifes mad about something, anyway tomorrow has to be better.

You know guys, I reread this and thought to myself if thats all I have to be mad about, I'm doing pretty good.

62 ROYAL SCOTT

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Frustrated!!!

HELL-O PRODUCEGUY, Just because one apple is bad does not mean the rest are. Be:)happy atleast you put the plug in.

rivermouse

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Get the wifes credit card and have the boat fixed right now, The wife might stay mad but at least you will have the boat ready to take off again...lol

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

And the guy on the dock fishing was dreaming about being able to own a boat like yours...someday...

jmarty10

Chief Petty Officer

A bad day on the water is better than a good day in the office!

southkogs

Staff member

We was loading the boat and noticed a gent fishing along side the dock and sure enough this guys pulling in the fish.

There's kind of a funny "back and forth" down here when I fly fish on the rivers. Two types of river fishers: 1.) Fly-fisherman - prefer to be called anglers/must look good while catching fish, 2.) guys on shore with a can of "Green Giant" Kernel Corn, and no worries about how goofy they look in plaid. Sometimes group 1 is ahead, sometimes group 2. Makes for some funny comments back and forth.

Sorry about the boat my brother, that get's frustrating. Hopefully it stalled because 15lb lunkers were taking strikes at your boat when the shiny prop started spinning ... we can always hope, right?

produceguy

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Rivermouse, that is funny.

Fireman431, you are right. It wasn't that long ago I was the one sitting their dreaming of owning my own boat.

southkogs, You make me miss Arkansas.

Thanks for cracking me up guys and now I have some work to do on the boat.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Yeah, it was a bad day. But just be happy the Grim Reaper didn't come racing up on his jet ski..........