Alumacraft Sierra Vs. Tracker Topper

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Re: Alumacraft Sierra Vs. Tracker Topper

I would go with the Alumacraft just because it is a bit thicker hull, both are still suprisingly thin at .063 and .070 though, I would have though they would be at least .080.

Tracker has had some quality problems but that was with welded boats, kinda hard to screw up rivets.

John_S

Rear Admiral

Wider/longer is typically better (more stabil, more capacity, etc), but you haven't provided many more details on how you plan to power, and use it. The mod v should turn and track a little better than a pure flat bottom.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

I would go with the Alumacraft just because it is a bit thicker hull, both are still suprisingly thin at .063 and .070 though, I would have though they would be at least .080.

Tracker has had some quality problems but that was with welded boats, kinda hard to screw up rivets.

They're designed to be portable and liftable. I assume that's why they're so thin. Gotta lose weight somehow.;)

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Why on earth would you buy one of these type of boats brand new? They don't really ever "wear out" unless they are damaged in some way.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Why on earth would you buy one of these type of boats brand new? They don't really ever "wear out" unless they are damaged in some way.

I agree. However, if he's looking specifically for a john boat he can manhandle this case might be a bit of an exception. That said, the fifteen foot Topper is still two hundred pounds. That's a bit much for a roof rack, and the Alumacraft is even heavier.

btbrunk9

Cadet

I think I'm gonna go with the tracker since it has a live well and i don't feel like putting one in the alumacraft if i go with that