Ronex MP grease

nevadan

Cadet
My new King trailer's owner's manual says I can't mix grease in the bearings. It came with Ronex MP grease, and I can't find anywhere to buy it. I found it on-line but man-oh-man is it expensive!

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

lncoop

Vice Admiral
Re: Ronex MP grease

Fine to mix brands. You just don't want to mix types. Determine what's in the Ronex MP and find another brand with the same ingredients and pump away.

Bondo

Staff member

My new King trailer's owner's manual says I can't mix grease in the bearings. It came with Ronex MP grease, and I can't find anywhere to buy it. I found it on-line but man-oh-man is it expensive!

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Ayuh,.... So clean, 'n repack the bearings with a more reasonable, available axle grease...

I've never heard of Ronex, 'n an MP sounds like a medium pressure grease,...
I can't believe it's awhole 'ell of alot better than common greases found at 'bout any auto parts house...

mwmike270

Cadet

I would clean and repack with a good quality wheel bearing grease. I use the Marine wheel bearing grease as it has higher water and corrosion resistance. but reqular works as long as you keep packing them.

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

I know common theory says never mix greases, but I guess my wheel bearings aren't that picky. I've always just pumped in whatever happened to be in the grease gun, I probably haven't used the same grease twice in a row, ever! (owned a bunch of boats and trailers, have never had a bearing failure... I currently have 5 trailers to my name, all get that same treatement)