Purchasing advice needed

Randymcone

Recruit
In researching older boats I've fallen in love with Aristocrafts. Living in Atlanta, There seems to be a large number of these for sale. I've been contacted by an owner of a '64 funliner. I haven't seen the boat yet (just pictures) but he says the outboard works and only needs a tuneup. trailer and hard top is included for $800. I'm attaching the pictures that I have. Can anyone tell me if this looks like a good deal before I make the 50 mile drive to see it in person?

64-2.jpg64-3.jpg64-1.jpg

ziggy

Admiral
Re: Purchasing advice needed

small pics, but sure looks like a short 50 mile drive would be worth it to me...

Randymcone

Recruit

Thank you sir. So $800 looks to be a good price going by the pictures? Of course there may be a 2 foot hole in the transom but based on the pics it looks to be OK?

aristocraft

Petty Officer 2nd Class

For the money it would be hard to beat, you could part it out and make more then your money back easily. Check and see if the front glass is in decent shape as that is the biggest obstacle that we are currently working on with these boats. I am glad to see it has the factory seats in it as well.