Youtube "Problem with motor",sears 1.75

Paul Pro

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi gang,This motor is like new, not new as I thought,I added gear lube and started her up,I've had this motor before as a teen,but this one made a bad sqeeking noise,I quickly shut her off,and restarted it,only sqeeks when I accelerate,then it seems like it forces the motor to shut off,I want to get it looked at but first any ideas of what is wrong,I want to get her fixed,also found a cracked part were the fuel line attaches,damn motor looks great though,jeez,I need help,I don't know what to do with myself,I feel sick:confused:,thanks gang.P.S,prop wouldn't turn by hand at first,and I had to gas it pretty good to get the clutch to kick in,then it freed up the prop.I can send a vid or I can post one on you tube so you can hear it,its almost like a grinding sound,prop turns good,and motor runs good at iddle,I don't know if to get a refund or fix it,could it be the automatic clutch?I made this vid for insurance purposes.I can't sleep and I can't eat,I don't even know if I'm awake:confused:I've put my life on hold for this motor,can somebody save me...Prop was seized ,that loosened up already,so its not the lower unit,we can rule that out,whats next,I'm not giving up on this find.

M

mrcrabs

Re: sears gamefisher sqeeking on acc,shuts off

sounds like dry or rusted bearing or something rusted and stuck, I vote for a refund quick :eek:

RandyJ

Master Chief Petty Officer

I agree... sounds like lower unit is ready to croak.

Paul Pro

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Youtube "Problem with motor",sears 1.75

Have a great new year,motor works good,yet I got another for a peace of mind also to go faster:)twin outboards