40 hp tlrb ignition wiring

tightlines

Cadet
Very informative forum and helpful FAQ's.
unfortunately I am unable to locate info on my issue.

40HP Yamaha TLRB details... 6h4l1003840
I purchased new Dec 2003
My issue: I need a wiring diagram, specifically ignition.
[I don't get any]

I removed, rebuilt (bored all .020 over new pistons, thermostat and gaskets, and reinstalled the powerhead.

I do have a dated (Clymer) manual that I need to update that does not include the wiring year for my engine. I did take several pictures during disassembly but somhow missed crucial connections.
I have a 3 wire male terminal from the pickup coils under the flywheel these wires color coordinate ( w/b , w/r, w/g ) to a female terminal to the CDI.

My problem is I have a 3 wire female terminal plug that comes from ignition coils. The wire colors are b/orange b/yellow b/white. I do not see a mate, strangely enough it will match up to the terminal from the pickup wires under the flywheel.

Thanks for your time, assistance and guidance. Darryl8n(at)gmaildotcom

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 0

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: 40 hp tlrb ignition wiring

Should have another plug from CDI that will go to ignition coils

tightlines

Cadet

How embarrassing! :redface: It was there as you said. Thanks so much for your assistance! The terminal end was hiding under the throttle bracket.

I still do need an updated manual. I see alot of sellers on eblay. I need to shop around. my friend has 4 225's so it would be nice to encompass those too.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

My recommendation is to get a factory Yamaha service manual for each motor you will be working on.
Those that cover multiple years,models, and HP do not give as much info.
Just one opinion