Annybody been denied warranty by Suzuki?

sea boots

Recruit
We have a boat w triple 08 300 Suzukis, 400 hrs. We purchased the motors new and they were sold to us under the pretenses of a total of 6 year warranty, 3 and an extra 3 by Suzuki. Never any mention of Cornerstone, a 3rd party warranty company and any additional registration. These motors have had 2 major warranty repairs and each time, they have been re registered in the owners name, as they initially show up as not reggistered. They have been repaired under warranty after correcting the registration. We now have a blown gearcase, factory warrant expired 2 days before the case blew and now we are being denied our extended warranty and again being ttold that we never registered the motors properly. I have all of our previous warranty and non warranty repair reciepts in the proper registraion name and my boss has told me to turn it over to his in house legal department. Has anybody else had this problem?

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: Annybody been denied warranty by Suzuki?

What was wrong with the registration on the original paper work?
Who messed it up, the dealer that sold the motors?
how did you re-register it, same dealer?

I would have been looking at the extended real hard before you needed it, especially if you could not get the original straight to make sure that was in place at the same time.

Sounds like not enough communication between customer and seller.

If the paper work was never filled out for the extended warranty and you have nothing saying you paid for it ,I do not think you have it

sea boots

Recruit

What was wrong with the registration on the original paper work?
Who messed it up, the dealer that sold the motors?
how did you re-register it, same dealer?

I would have been looking at the extended real hard before you needed it, especially if you could not get the original straight to make sure that was in place at the same time.

Sounds like not enough communication between customer and seller.

If the paper work was never filled out for the extended warranty and you have nothing saying you paid for it ,I do not think you have it
The motors were adveertised and sold w 3 yrs plus an addtl 3 yrs factory warranty, included. No addtional fees, no additional paperwork eccessary and anytime we had warranty repairs, we had to re register as Suzuki continuosly came up with the wrong reg info( I now believe this was intentional and desceptive). From the reputation here in Fl , this is common. And yes there was clear communication on my part, I run a fleet of big, custom SF boats for 1 owner, we travel worldwide, this is our smallest boat and most problematic.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

All you have to do is prove they were advertised and sold w 3 yrs plus an additional 3 yrs factory warranty included, just saying it means nothing. Is there paper work saying this?

Who were they registered to the times you had to re-register them and why did you not check on the extended warranty at the same time, I would have. Especially if the regular was screwed up.

Sounds like you have a problem with the guy you bought from unless you went to different places for repairs and re registered them through them also

yamatech43

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Not saying you haven't had a problem, but I never had a problem with Suzuki at all....very eager to please company, almost like Yamaha. Your problem
is with the orig. SELLER not registering the motors and you could have checked on your warranty at any time, not just when you needed it....that's
a lot of money to not know if it's protected or not....even for a bigshot like you i suppose.

sea boots

Recruit

@ Yamatech43, Its amazing how many idiots must sit around and play on the internet. I asked a simple question and am instantly getting know it alls! Yes, they were registered, twice, and properly. Confirmation was done twice, once when a powerheard blew 9 months ago and again when the electronic start stop pad died. Both times, was a a battle to even get them to acknowledge we had factory warranty, eventually they did and even with warranty, these repairs were expensive out of pocket. And as for the 08 ad, google it and reaad it, 3 yrplus additional extended 3yr Suzuki Warranty - not 3rd party, aftermarket, or requiring any additional fees or paperwork.