2003 Yamaha HPDI NO Spark

quartermiler

Recruit
I have a 2003 yamaha HPDI LZ150TXRC With NO SPARK Have checked, White wire is not grounded,Crank triger (216 omes), all grounds are good & clean, Coils have 12 volts & spark when grounded,oil in tank & switch is ok, Has fuel pressure,and 12 volts to yellow wire. HELP?

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: 2003 Yamaha HPDI NO Spark

do you have a Yamaha service manual for your motor?
Have you tested the charge coils and pulsar coils and out puts to the coils like the manual says?

quartermiler

Recruit

I have a Selco Yamaha Manuel , it doesent have mutch information the coils. I have not checked the charge or pulsar coils. In the Selco manuel it only showes a lighting coil and a pulsar coil.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

get one from Yamaha

the lighting coil is for charging battery and the charge coils furnish voltage for spark

No voltage in = no voltage out.
If you have voltage in and non out then it could be CDI or the pulsar coils.

See what I mean you need to be testing things with the proper test equipment to see what is happening

dougsarmento

Recruit

do you have a Yamaha service manual for your motor?
Have you tested the charge coils and pulsar coils and out puts to the coils like the manual says?

Commander: My name is Doug Sarmento and I am having same problem with my 2003 Yamaha HPDI 150. There are 90 hours on the motor. Bought it new in crate 2007. Installed and have been very happy with the engine until now. Don't use the engine much because we troll with a small 6 hp mercury when we fish. Went to the lake 6 weeks ago and the motor fired once and then quit while still on trailer. Has not started since. Took to dealer, 2 mechanics at the dealership and 4 technicians on the phone at Yamaha walked through all testing procedures. Came up with a diagnosis of either ECU or injector driver or both. Because we did not know what caused the problem, the dealer requested Yamaha certified technician to come to dealership and determine cause of problem and remedy. We have been waiting 6 WEEKS now and no response. What do I do? Thanks for your help! Doug