Sky Supreme V220 ACC problems.

s_cas814

Recruit
I recently purchased a 2005 Sky Supreme V220 with a 5.7 Mercruiser. Should the stero turn on when the boat is not running? I have two batteries in the back and have checked both and they are good. I can't run any of the accessories when the engine is not running and the ACC togle switch does not lite up when activated. The horn also is inop and the ballast tanks won't seem to fill. It sounds like a fuse or fuses.

Any suggestions?

NYBo

Admiral
Re: Sky Supreme V220 ACC problems.

Welcome to iboats!:cool:

The wording of your post implies that everything works when the motor is running. Is that the case? If so, the fuse or circuit breakers are fine, but the fuse or circuit breaker panel is wired through the ignition switch, which is a bad idea. The ignition switch is not built to handle such a high current load. Of course, it's possible the ignition switch is powering a relay, which is in turn switching power to the panel. However, this is unlikely.

NHGuy

Captain

Most boats of your type will be wired using the boat wiring standard. http://easyacdc.com/?page_id=54 It's pretty basic stuff, dc wiring - a lot like a car except the ground is carried by wire between components - the hull is not metal.
The stereo might be wired to stay off til the motor is running as a protection against running down the battery. Try turning the acc switch off & on while everything in the boat is on, then you could find out what it operates. You say it does not light up, if the other switches do light up the acc might not be working. Time to chase wires and check fuses. I bet it runs the ballast pumps...

s_cas814

Recruit

The one I'm really concerned about is the blower it won't operate when the motor is off but only when the engine is running. I can't find a fuse panel anywhere just the bus 80amp in the rear of the boat and a 15 amp fuse behind
that along with three on the top of the engine. I'm new to this but I should run the blower before I start the engine...right?
Thanks

s_cas814

Recruit

I guess that's why I'm a cadet...I found the problem who thought both batteries could be dead or nearly dead. Thanks for everybody's help the wiring diagram point me in the right direction. Start with the simple things right?