Humnibird 200dx New stle transducer ????

kfen

Recruit
I have a humminbird 597 ci on the front of my boat and I have a humminbird 200dx for the drivers console. The 200dx has no temp sensor {I think the temp sensor for the 200 were a separate wiring run} The 200 has the same 7 pin plug in [with no pins installed empty] as my 597. My question is can I unpin and arrange the pins in the 7 pin to fit a newer transducer with a 7 pin connector and use the temp probe in the transducer {just 5 actual pins used out of the 7} The 200 has a 2pin connector for the transducer and a 4 pin for the temp and speed.

John_S

Rear Admiral
Re: Humnibird 200dx New stle transducer ????

I have a humminbird 597 ci on the front of my boat and I have a humminbird 200dx for the drivers console.

The 200dx has no temp sensor -CORRECT

{I think the temp sensor for the 200 were a separate wiring run} -CORRECT

The 200 has the same 7 pin plug in [with no pins installed empty] as my 597. -CORRECT

My question is can I unpin and arrange the pins in the 7 pin to fit a newer transducer with a 7 pin connector and use the temp probe in the transducer {just 5 actual pins used out of the 7} -NO, you would have to open up the head unit and rewire. The male connectors are sealed and not serviceable.

The 200 has a 2pin connector for the transducer and a 4 pin for the temp and speed. -CORRECT

HB sells an adapter cable (AD926) that will allow a new style transducer (7pin) mate to an old 2 pin style head unit, but no temp. You have to buy a seperate temp or speed/temp probe.