1974 glastron

davey123

Recruit
Hello everyone,
I have a 1974 Glastron v-173 Bayflite. It has a 1973 135hp johnson powershift II on it. I was wondering how much this boat is worth because i have to sell it. the engine runs good. i have had it out a few times but there are little things wrong here and there the hull is solid i had replaced the floor and the stringers looked good. the fiberglass has some cracks in it but they dont seem deep. so yea i know its not a cherry but i think it has to be worth something with a trailer and running engine. if there are any other things to check that would effect the value let me know and maybe get a round about value to ask for it.

thanks, dave

southkogs

Staff member
Re: 1974 glastron

Hi Davey, and welcome to iboats.

Probably best to post some pictures. That'll help people out. Also, let us know where you are located. Boat prices differ based on region.

My first glance at what you wrote, and thinking of it like a Craigslist ad - I would personally think that was a boat I would try to get for $1,000 or less depending on the condition of the motor.

southkogs

Staff member

The attachments aren't working for me.

As a suggestion, do some lookin' on Craigslist and see what boats are selling for in your area. That may tell you a good range as well. Boat prices in my neck of the woods are a completely different game than prices in south Florida (as an example). CL ads will help you gauge some of that.

Bondo

Staff member

I was wondering how much this boat is worth because i have to sell it.

Ayuh,... It's worth whatever somebody's willin' to pay for it....

'round here that'd probably be between nothin', 'n a couple grand, depending on the person, 'n condition of it...

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

Depending on your location, right now isn't the best time to be selling a boat. It's the "off" season and a buyers market.

If you can wait 'til spring or early summer you'll get more for it.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

$1000-$1500 (I can't see the pics though.)

etracer68

Ensign

The first pic, looks like a clean boat, the motor looks clean under cover. But I have to say the inside pics of the boat looks like its pretty dirty, and has not been cared for at all. I would pass on it, unless I wanted the motor or trailer. $300 to $500 would be my guess. Sorry, but I have to be honest here. I buy 3 to 4 boats a year to resell, and a diry boat is a boat that wasnt at all cared for.

americaneagler77

Petty Officer 1st Class

i have to agree with above, you might squeak out 1k if you clean it up and fix the seat, but something dirty in the ads turns me right away to the next boat, not only that but seeing pics uncovered in the rain.....not for me....
goodluck whatever you do

RandyJ

Master Chief Petty Officer

part it out.... $100 for boat. Controls will bring $45 up to $75. Trailer $200 maybe. Complete motor $700, it has tilt/trim maybe another couple of hundred. Like the other guys say... wrong season to be selling. My experience has been that sometimes it's easier to sell a white elephant than it is to give it away.