Starting help with 4.3

MrSummerFun

Recruit
Looking for some advice with a little issue. I have a '96 Larson SEI with the 4.3 Mercruiser, the problem is that sometimes when I go to start it all I get is a little click, very faint. I may have to turn the key once to get it to turn the engine and I may have to turn it 10 times... Seems to be no rhyme to it, also it usually just starts to work and I do not have to pursuade anything (such as putting in gear and back out). I am guessing that this is fairly common as my buddy has a 99 Startcraft with a 4.3 Merc and it does the same thing, I will apologize now for not finding a previous post on this. :) Any help appreciated!

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Starting help with 4.3

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,...

More than likely, it's nothing but corroded wiring ends...
Remove them, sand 'em, clean 'em, 'n reinstall 'em...
Both the power supply, 'n the Grounds...

MrSummerFun

Recruit

Will Do, was thinking it was a bigger issue but you have a good point - start with the basics. Thanks!

MrSummerFun

Recruit

Also, I want to put out there that the Larson has been a GREAT boat. Plains out quick and top end speed with a 19 pitch prop and 2 people is around 47... This is not the purpose of the thread but from my experience with the Larson "they got it right". I hope this helps future forum readers with purchasing decisions because i believe the guys (and gals over at Larson) have a very good product.