90hp RUDE' cranks over just want start. just bought it for 450 with a 85 glastron

glastronic21

Recruit
just bought a glastron t-162 with a 90horse evinrude. got it home and cranked it over but didnt fire up? have spark to all plugs and new gas just cant figure it out.

Keepi time

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 90hp RUDE' cranks over just want start. just bought it for 450 with a 85 glastron

Check all your connections, at the battery, at the starter soleniod, and starter. THey must be shini clean and tight! Even when you think it's clean, clean it some more. I had the same issue, but mine was the starter, but don't go buy anything until you have checked everything out first. Read through some of the threads here for system checks. THis sight is very helpful.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: 90hp RUDE' cranks over just want start. just bought it for 450 with a 85 glastron

The fact that the OP says it cranks and has spark says it is most definitely NOT the starter, battery, or its connections. It is a fuel issue and perhaps an incorrect starting procedure. Speaking of which -- what is your starting procedure???

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Try spraying a little premix into the carbs and see if it fires. I experienced the same thing with my '81 when I acquired it. Turned out to be a mud be blockage in the fuel line! Also as Silvertip alluded to, are you pushing the key in while cranking to activate the primer circuit?

Jim311

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Try to prime it manually as well, the electric choke may have failed.

Keepi time

Petty Officer 2nd Class

AHHH Just because you have spark and the motor is turning does not mean you don't have high resistance somewhere. Not an expert but I had this same issue and it was not fuel related at all. He said he cranked it over, he did not say that it would crank. My engine would turn over but the starter was not getting enough juice to fully start it. Yes my engine has spark but did not crank. Never rule out a bad connection. It's usually the problem.

jeremy5780

Petty Officer 2nd Class

when you try to start it and it dont fire take the plugs out and see if they are wet. If they are wet then you know fuel is getting into the cylinder's.