gonna paint my starcraft arrow any input appreciated

brianis

Petty Officer 3rd Class
so i picked up this starcraft arrow gelcoat is gone and i dont want to spend that much on a gelcoat its just a boat to tool around in but want to look good while doing it so im gonna stick with the same color i have some extra tractor industrial paint with a lot of clear coat. So i think im gonna use it anybody have any troubles with painting i will shoot it through a gun it shoots quite nicely and i could use a windshiel wasnt one on it and havent found one yet http://s1090.photobucket.com/albums/i376/brianishmael/

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: gonna paint my starcraft arrow any input appreciated

Your tractor paint will probably work very well. There's a hardener available at Tractor Supply that will probably be compatible with your paint that a number of guys here have used and said it really help add gloss and hardness. I would caution against clear coating it. I personally had back luck with Rustoleum's clear coat and it would also make touch ups more difficult.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: gonna paint my starcraft arrow any input appreciated

Nice looking runabout. Very similar to my lonestar flamingo. Check out page#10 in my "My Flamingo" thread listed below. I shot my boat with it and it turned out great. It has all the details on how to prep and apply Rustoleum Paint using the hardener. Rustoleum and Valspar are almost identical paints. EZ is correct about both the hardener and the clear. I think when you see the gloss that the paint/hardener provides, you will see that there is really no need for the clear. Not using clear will make it very easy to do touch-ups if and when they are needed.