Doral Cavalier Port Side Window Replacement

klab010

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi all,

has anyone had the pleasure of replacing a port side window in thier 89'sh Doral Cruiser? I have some ripples in mine that looks like heat damage from the alcohol stove and am curious as to how i could go about it. I am guessing it will need to go to a glass shop if can get it out. I am sure there is a mess or silicone sealing it in there. plus- there appears to be a curve to it.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thx:rolleyes:

JBF 1962

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Doral Cavalier Port Side Window Replacement

Hey Kev,
I'm going to replace mine over the winter, all of them, just get a sheet of lexan, cut to size and paste in with some 4200 is the plan :p
(I worked in an autoglass shop for 10 years)
John

klab010

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Interesting-thanks. did you get the lexan cut where you bought it? What type is it?
One other question you may know the answer to, the black trim that fits into the aluminum extrusion- what are you replacing it with? I cant seem to find anything to fit.
I have attached a pic- View attachment 113565

JBF 1962

Chief Petty Officer

I haven't done it yet (winter project)but I'll use a scroll saw with the old windows as templates, and I could likely make two sets...as to the black trim, mine seems to pop out undamaged. If I needed some, I'd go to someone like Vanfax, they'll likely have some. btw, I couldn't open your pic Kev :(

klab010

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks JBF for the tip. I will try the pic again -attached....I think- this menu is not very user freindly.window.jpg

JBF 1962

Chief Petty Officer

worked that time, lol, but we have the exact same boats so the windows should also be identical, let me check it out and i'll see what I can do cost wise

klab010

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Fantastic John, I would appreciate that!

Kev