Making a poly fiberglass cutting board? Maybe?

relocyo

Chief Petty Officer
Is this something worth even messing with? I have quite a bit extra poly resin and csm and I think 6oz woven, I have a board I use to fillet fish on, and was curious if I could fiberglass it for a cutting board? I was thinking of putting strands of rope or twine in between layups for decoration, but I would think maybe it would add strength? Maybe? Just looking to play around with the last bit of materials I have to maybe make a cool cutting board. Any ideas or design changes, please let me know, trying to brainstorm on if I can make this a cool and functional piece of eqiupment, its I think 3-4 feet long and 8 or so inches tall, by 2 inches thick... Any cool ideas about? Maybe laying something interesting into the resin for purely design? I dunno, was thinking it might be a cool project, please let me know what you think...

sasto

Captain
Re: Making a poly fiberglass cutting board? Maybe?

Yes it would look very cool, but rough on your filet knife.

Good Luck!

rockyrude

Lieutenant Junior Grade

i'm sure you could do something cool, but it would take a long time for the chemicals that you take great care in keeping off of you during layup to "out gas" enough to be considered food grade.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner

Don't even bother, find something else to do with it.