Which carb kit do I need?

Homerr

Commander
2001 Mercruiser 5.0<br />This engine has the Mercarb carburetor.<br />The only number on the carb I found was: J1233<br /><br />I'm having a difficult time trying to find a chart that shows the carb parts I need. I've found OEM, Sierra, and other kits, but no numbers to tell me what year they go to, etc...<br /><br />All I really want is the gasket on top of the carb, and a needle-valve set. (I might as well replace it while I'm in there)<br /><br />I went to the Mercury Parts (OEM) web site for just the few parts, but with their prices I might as well buy a complete rebuild kit...<br /><br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />H.

Homerr

Commander
Re: Which carb kit do I need?

Oops.. sorry...<br /><br />2BBL<br /><br />I'm not sure where else to find numbers.<br /><br />I'm kinda guessing a gasket by itself is going to be a tough one. I really hate to spend that much on a complete kit for a gasket.<br /><br />I suppose I could make one, but that can be a real pain on a carburetor.<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />H.

DHPMARINE

Captain
Re: Which carb kit do I need?

j1233 is most likely a government spec #.<br /><br />Top gasket by itself will be hard to find,needle and seat will be easier.<br /><br />You also might list two or four barrel.Not sure which you have.<br /><br />DHP