Need hull dimensions for my Cobalt 252 to set up new trailer

cobalt252

Seaman
I have purchased a new aluminum trailer and are trying to set up the bunks and keel rollers to fit the hull dimensions of my 1997 Cobalt 252. I have contacted the Cobalt factory and they have provided me with an engineering drawing that shows the hull dimensions (see attached PDF).

But odly enough, the drawing does not have 3 critical dimensions needed to set up a bunk trailer with keel rollers. I am not near my boat, so I cannot measure these dimensions. But, the new trailer is sitting in my drive-way and I'd like to set it up as close as possible to avoid having to load and unload the boat several times.

If anyone has the following dimensions, it would simplify my life enormously:
- transom (drain hole) to where the hull just starts to curve up - also called the "running surface at keel") - M
- inner strake dimension (first sets of stringers from keel, outside edge to outside edge) - N
- height from middle stringer to bottom of the keel - P

Also, if anyone knows of any method how to adjust these massive bunks (3.5" x 7.5") up and down, other then repositioning the bolt in one of the 3 holes, please advice.

Thank you!​

Attachments

• 252 tlr data sheets.pdf
    128.4 KB · Views: 4
  • trailer2.jpg
    trailer2.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 2

cobalt384

Recruit
Re: Need hull dimensions for my Cobalt 252 to set up new trailer

I'm setting up my bunk trailer as well, and I'm wondering if you were able to figure out the dimension. If it's not too much trouble, can you provide a little advice. If I could know the inner distance between the bunks, that would be a huge help.

Thanks,
Mike

cobalt252

Seaman

I'm setting up my bunk trailer as well, and I'm wondering if you were able to figure out the dimension. If it's not too much trouble, can you provide a little advice. If I could know the inner distance between the bunks, that would be a huge help.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike,

What is your boat model and what brand trailer/model nr. do you have?

Gerry

Tagerman

Seaman

Just a thought I couldn't find dimensions for my Carver getting the trailer from a 4winns set up for it. I have it in dry storage and they used the forklift and would set it down we would look then they would pick it up and we could adjust. Super quick and easy. Surely you could find a marina that could do this for you. The forklift at my marina can pick up a boat up to 40ft in length so I think they could do this with nearly any boat, just make sure the driver of the lift is good. We had the trailer set up in under 30 minutes.