Question about water coming out of lower unit.

MPH1234

Cadet
I put the muffs on and start my 1984 Kayot deck boat and water only comes of one exhaust. Is this a big issue?

ziggy

Admiral
Re: Question about water coming out of lower unit.

i don't think it is. mine chronically spits more more water out the starboard side idle relief port than the port side. both side having water coming from them, it just more of a mist on port and spiting out starboard. mine also has water coming out the prop hub + the pee hole in the ft of the bullet. if i see water from these 4 places + my temp gauge is in the normal operating range. i feel i'm ok.
this is my norm.
IMG_3370.jpg

this is a pic right after an impeller change. if ya look close (put it in paint and blow it up) ya can see the spitting out the starboard side idle relief port. port side is just a mist, almost can't see it, gotta put yer hand if front of it to see that it truly is putting water out as your hand will get wet. also note that the muffs are sucking up most all the water. if i turn the engine off the water escapes out the sides of the muffs.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Question about water coming out of lower unit.

Ayuh,... Water's Lazy, it takes the path of least resistance...
It could be as simple as the way the boat is sittin' on the wagon, 'n how it's parked...
Or,...
Fallen shutters from a previous Overheat/ No water flow situation, Can fall down, 'n block things up...