1991 suzuki dt 200 2 stroke oil injection

i have recently bought a suzuki dt 200. my question is should i leave the oil injection or disable it.. i paid a 1000 for the motor. good deal or no? bought from eastern shore... im also looking for some wiring diagrams.. the motor was hooked up to a side mount and i wish to make it a binnical mount.. but there are some connectors on the side of motor where the wiring harness connects one goes to the lower unit.. the other i think is for the oil injecion system.. i can hook up the tilt and trim with the two individual wires that are with the wiring harness..... thanks any help would be greatly appreicated.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: 1991 suzuki dt 200 2 stroke oil injection

I am not sure I would buy a 20 year old motor that came from salt water, if that is the eastern shore you are speaking about.

Oil injection systems are great as long as you do the maintenance on them like the manuals say and test to make sure all the alarms and systems are functioning properly.
You do not want to just think they are but they realy are not

stylesabu

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1991 suzuki dt 200 2 stroke oil injection

suzuki 2 stroke oiling systems aren't easy to dis-able. they use a shaft inside motor to do oil pumping. the shaft has to be remove otherwise engine will seize once oil stops moving. just run heavy oil, some in the gas and let oiling system do its job.