Need help with replacement hub

markh28

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have an old boat trailer (1967'ish) that I want to replace the hubs on. It has the kind of wheels with no lug nuts. The boat that sits on it is a Sears, but I have no idea about the trailer or if its even the original. I took the wheel off, dug out the bearings. Both of them are 1 1/4" inside diameter, no number stamped on them. The seal is 1 1/2" inside diameter and its number is SL150. If I understand this right, I need a replacement hub for a 1 1/4" spindle but I am coming up empty. I've called a couple local trailer places and the guys dont seem to think thats a boat trailer dimension. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Trailerguy34

Cadet
Re: Need help with replacement hub

Call trailerpartsusa.com . These guys are excellent ! If they dont have the hub , they will search for it .

markh28

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Already called pacific, they said they didnt stock anything like that. I'm checking on trailerpartsusa.com now.

If I were to replace the axl, what all does that entail? Torching off the old assembly and welding a new one on?

markh28

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Sorry I should have made myself more clear. I want to replace the hubs with a 4 or 5 lug bolt hub...

Bob427

Petty Officer 2nd Class

try e trailer.com
when i was looking for 1 1/4 x 1 1/4 5 lug hubs for my trailer they are no longer made
but they do carry 4 lug hubs

Volphin

Lieutenant

Or try Northern Tool & Equipment. They have lots of hubs and such.

V

guy74

Senior Chief Petty Officer

delete

Last edited: